Thursday, October 23, 2014

Kentucky Visit

In April I was able to make a three week trip down south!  The first weekend I went to Kentucky to visit my sister-in-law's family including meeting my newest niece and godchild, McKinley!  I had such a great time! I got see a gymnastics meet and a violin recital, and we enjoyed a fun hike in a state park to see a natural bridge.  Only bummer was that Sherry's back was not feeling well so she hung back to take it easy.
I love this picture of the three big kids!  Of course climbing on the railing is what you do while waiting on the adults,  
Sweet McKinley and her daddy :)
Missy K and Reagan....So big these days!

Granddad and the Grandpa tree

Cool limestone walls!
The rock stairway to the top of the natural bridge.

Such sweet sisters!
View from the top
Amazingly Anna is smiling!  Anna sat with a very unhappy Jackson while we ventured up top.  It was my fault too because I carried him most of the way up then told him at the top I was done.  He was so upset.  Made me very sad, but I couldn't go back on my word :(  Hard lessons for kids and adults.
Beneath the bridge
After a while he finally agreed to walk to the top of the bridge through this very cool rock passageway.
Headed back to the car, we saw a tiny turtle sunning on a log. Missy K and I love turtles :)
~
What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment